SHURE Beta 87A-X
Specifications And Features
10.1 x 5.0 x 3.3"
About this item
- Smooth frequency response with gradual presence rise
- Highly consistent super cardioid polar pattern provides superior gain before feedback
- Electronic low-frequency roll off compensates for proximity effect
- Wide dynamic range (117 dB) and low distortion characteristics
- Built in pop filter reduces undesirable wind and breath sounds
- The Shure BETA 87A is a premium quality supercardioid hand-held electret condenser vocal microphone with exceptionally smooth frequency response and high sound pressure level capability. Used for professional sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and studio recording applications, the BETA 87A combines superb performance with the ruggedness needed for touring and field production. The BETA 87A features a controlled low-frequency roll-off that compensates for proximity effect and prevents the “boomy” sound often associated with close pick-up. The characteristic Shure presence rise brightens the upper midrange. The tight supercardioid pattern, with null points at approximately 125 degrees, provides maximum isolation from other vocalists or instruments while offering minimal off-axis coloration. The BETA 87A operates on phantom power.