Monitor 8040B dark grey 230V
Styled in a producer finish, the Genelec 8040B is a single 2-way active studio monitor designed to provide accurate mix referencing for audio engineers, musicians, and producers in project studios, small to medium-sized control rooms, broadcast trucks, or mobile setups. It features a 90W amp driving a 6.5” woofer and a 90W amp pushing a 3/4” metal-dome tweeter, producing a frequency response of 45 Hz to 21 kHz.
A proprietary waveguide enhances imaging, while the bass reflex port extends the low-frequency response. The aluminum enclosure is shaped to minimize diffraction. It supports a balanced input via an XLR 3-pin connector. Room compensation options include high- and low-frequency adjustments. There is a selectable power-saving mode that enables automatic power up/down via a signal-sensing circuit.
The 8040B offers multiple mounting options including threaded holes for compatibility with OmniMount and K&M brackets, and an Iso-Pod isolation stand.
- 6.5" woofer and 3/4" metal-dome tweeter
- 90W LF amplifier, 90W HF amplifier
- 45 Hz to 21 kHz frequency response (-3 dB), 48 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response (± 2 dB)
- Proprietary waveguide utilizes DCW (Directivity Control Waveguide) technology for improved imaging and a wider listening area
- Bass reflex port provides extended low-frequency response
- Room compensation controls include high- and low-frequency adjustments
- Low-diffraction aluminum enclosure utilizes MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) technology
- Balanced XLR 3-pin input and input level control
- ISS (Intelligent Signal Sensing) automatic power-saving mode
- Multiple mounting options: Iso-Pod and threaded holes that are compatible with OmniMount and K&M brackets
- Includes Iso-Pod isolation stand for vibration decoupling