Monitor SAM 8340A dark grey 230V
Styled in dark gray Producer finish, the Genelec 8340A is a single SAM Series, 2-way active studio monitor designed to provide accurate mix referencing with software control capabilities for audio engineers, musicians, and producers in project studios, small-to-medium-sized control rooms, edit suites, or mobile setups. It features 300W of Class-D amplification driving a 6.5” woofer and 3/4” tweeter, producing a frequency response of 38 Hz to 22 kHz.
A proprietary waveguide enhances imaging, while the bass reflex port extends the low-frequency response. The die-cast aluminum enclosure is shaped to minimize diffraction and reflections. XLR connectors are provided for the balanced analog input and AES/EBU digital input and output. Built-in signal overload protection enhances dependability and protects the speaker. Rear-panel room compensation controls include level and high- and low-frequency adjustments. Detailed frequency adjustments and automatic calibration can be performed via GLM (Genelec Loudspeaker Manager) software and the GLM User Kit (available separately). A selectable power-saving mode enables automatic power up/down via a signal-sensing circuit.
The 8340A offers multiple mounting options including an Iso-Pod isolation stand and threaded holes that are compatible with select K&M mounts and various wall/ceiling brackets.
- 6.5" woofer and 3/4" tweeter
- 150W LF amp and 150W HF amp
- 38 Hz to 22 kHz frequency response (-6 dB), 45 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response (±1.5 dB)
- Proprietary waveguide utilizes DCW (Directivity Control Waveguide) technology for improved imaging and a wider listening area
- Bass reflex port provides extended low-frequency response
- Rear-panel room compensation controls including high- and low-frequency adjustments
- Supports automatic calibration via software control
- Low-diffraction aluminum enclosure utilizes MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) technology
- XLR connections for balanced analog input and digital AES/EBU input and output
- ISS (Intelligent Signal Sensing) automatic power-saving mode
- Multiple mounting options: Iso-Pod and threaded holes that are compatible with select K&M mounts and various wall/ceiling brackets
- Includes Iso-Pod isolation stand for vibration decoupling